The ADA Task Force was convened to advise in the development of tools to support dentists who are returning to work after the COVID-19 closures and practice restrictions. Here are some ADA guidelines for a “Chairside Checklist” where Comlite can help with compliance:
Keep staff level in operatory to the minimum required.
- Comlite provides a real-time view throughout the office of the status of all your operatories and location of each providor.
- Notifies and displays patient arrivals/check-ins to the clinical staff. The clinical staff can acknowledge the front desk check-in.
- Page staff to an operatory only when you need them. Simply press a button to page the appropriate person when you need them.
- Helps to avoid staff coming to rooms when it is not necessary.
- Maintains office efficiency while adhering to ADA guidelines.
Limit access to the operatory to the “patient only” whenever possible. Comlite allows for communication from the operatory to the front desk to pass information to a parent or family member in the waiting area.
Cover keyboard of computer with disposable, flexible, clear barrier (e.g. plastic wrap) and change between
patients. This is a good practice to adhere to Covid-19 and beyond.
As you re-open it is important to reassure patients of your office’s commitment to maintaining up-to-date infection control procedures.