[UPDATE] LAN4000 Has New Features
On Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 Comlite Systems released an update to the LAN4000 light signaling software. Version 1.4 is now the current version of the LAN4000.
Below is a list of all the new features and improvements.
1. Added light colors – Lights can now be red, blue, or green.
2. Added Timed button text – Custom text can now be entered when a timer button is set. It appears as the button tip text when you hover your mouse over the timer button.
3. Improved Ease of Use – Station name is automatically selected in Station list when a text is received. This reduces the number of keystrokes necessary to reply to a text message.
4. Improved Ease of Use – Removed requirement that Administrative station be named “Administrator”.
5. Improved Problem Reports and Logs. Log entries are time stamped. Trials can submit Problem Reports.
6. Improved .Net connectivity and connection recovery.
7. Improved Feedback – Displays a “Reconnecting” message when the reconnect button is pressed on a Client. Displays “Reconnected” if the attempt is successful and “Reconnection failed” if it is not.
8. Improved Configuration file – Combined Administrator and Client configuration files into a single XML configuration file.
9. Improved multiple network card handling – Automatically detects multiple Network Cards (NICs) during startup, enabling the ‘Choose NIC’ button in ‘Setup’.